Eight characteristics of 3PE anticorrosive steel pipe
The past several years we received many requirements about 3PE pipe. For this kind of pipe we are familiar with them because we have do many orders for our customers.
3PE pipe has three layer structure, the first layer of epoxy powder (FBE>100um), the second layer of adhesive (AD) 170 ~ 250um, the third layer of polyethylene (PE) 1.8 ~ 3.7mm.
Why more and more customers choose 3PE pipe, it’s mainly due to the followings reasons:
1. The polyethylene material used in 3pe steel pipe makes the pipe have long service life, large molecular weight, good stability and aging resistance. Under normal working temperature and pressure, the service life can be guaranteed for more than 50 years.
2. 3PE pipe the corrosion-resistant polyethylene material used for PE steel pipe has high stability and can resist the chemical corrosion of natural gas, liquefied gas, artificial gas, etc. There will be no chemical degradation of any substance in the soil.
3. The elongation at break of polyethylene material used in 3PE steel pipe is greater than 500%. The flexibility of polyethylene makes it easier to bend.
4. Polyethylene material with excellent impact resistance and seismic performance has high temperature adaptability, can be safely used in the temperature range of 60-80 ℃, and has strong adaptability to the uneven settlement of pipeline foundation. During construction in winter, due to the good impact resistance of materials, the pipeline will not be brittle.
5. 3PE material used for PE steel pipe does not add heavy metal stabilizer in the processing process, and the material is non-toxic and harmless. It’s a green tube. Polyethylene materials can be recycled and will never pollute the environment.
6. The polyethylene material used in the newly developed flame-retardant and antistatic 3PE steel pipe is suitable for flammable and explosive places.
7. The safe and reliable connection mode of polyethylene material used in 3PE steel pipe is mainly hot-melt or electric fusion connection, which basically maintains the consistency of interface material, structure and pipe body, realizes the integration of joint and pipe, effectively resists circumferential stress, axial tensile stress and oblique stress are caused by internal pressure, and there is no worry of water and air leakage.
8. 3PE steel pipe uses polyethylene material with light weight, convenient operation and simple construction, which is only 1 / 8 of that of steel pipe. The welding process is simple, fast, easy to operate, easy to bend, low comprehensive cost and remarkable economic benefit.
Three-layer polyethylene anti-corrosion is one of the main technical systems for anti-corrosion outside buried pipelines at home and abroad. It has good anti-corrosion performance, low water absorption rate and high mechanical strength, and has been more and more widely used in domestic buried water, gas and oil pipelines in recent years. We have provided 300 tons 3PE pipe to our Saudi customer in 2018. Those of pipes are very popular in their market!