The pipe insulation joint is an indispensable pressure element in the cathodic protection system of steel pipe and is widely used in it.Insulated joints are used for electrical isolation and cathodic protection of pipelines, tanks and pumping stations that carry oil, gas and water.The insulated joint acts as an active leak-proof persistent blockage that prevents current flow in all piping systems regardless of application.The insulating joint has excellent sealing performance, insulation performance and strength performance required by electrical corrosion resistance.
Haihao Groups’ insulation joints are produced in 2″ to 20″ dimensions at ANSI 150 to ANSI 600 pressure classes. API 5L or ASTM 106 materials are used in production. The standard coating is 75 microns both internally and externally.
ASME B31.8 API 5L X42 PSL2 Pipe Insulation Joint
1. Insulation joints with the installation of office 50 meters to avoid the mouth to be welded shut.
2. Insulation joints connected with the pipeline, not in connection with the lifting pipe 5 meters.
3. Insulation pipe joints and pressure test equipment.
4. Insulation and pipe joints connected, shall be required to fill the mouth, anti-corrosion operations are not allowed to make joint insulation surface temperature higher than 120 ℃.
5. Insulation joints can be installed straight in the ground segment.
6. Insulation joints when the surface is installed, should be installed 20 meters away from the bend just outside the stent segment and set up.
7. Insulation installed in the connector to avoid the riser.
8. Buried installation should be installed to prevent accumulation of stagnant water in the perennial Department.
Stainless steel pipe insulation joint
Performance Parameter of Pipe Insulating Joint
1. Insulating Property: 2500V test insulating resistant≥ 200MΩ
2. Hydrostatic test: 1.5 times pressure
3. Air-tight test: Equal pressure
4. Non-destructive test: 100% radiographic inspection for all joint according to JB 4730-94; Other weld seam by 100% magnaflux inspection
5. Beval: Accordng to API 5L
API 5L X52 schxs pipe insulation joint
Technical Features of Insulating Joint
1. Specification: DN15~DN3200
2. Pressure Class: PN1.0~PN42MPa
3. Life Span: Same as line pipes
4. Suitable Medium: Oil, gas, water
5. Working Tempreture: -19° C ~ +70° C
Pipe Insualtion Joint
Welded Line pipe Material
1. API 5L X Series pipe
2. GB/T8163 10#, 20# steel pipe
3. GB/T3091 Q235B steel pipe
4. GB/T9711.1 L Series pipe
Insulating Material & Features
1. Insulating material: Hight density epoxy resin and glass fibre shape composite material ASTM D709 G11 .